If Purchasing Real Estate Photography, please view the Real Estate Photography Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- It is understood Dovetail Experience is the exclusive official photographer retained to perform the photographic services requested on this Contract.
- Dovetail Experience may substitute another photographer to take the photographs in the event of a photographer’s illness or unforeseen events, or of scheduling conflicts. In the event of such substitution, Dovetail Experience warrants that the photographer taking the photographs shall be provide the same level of quality of photography.
- The balance must be paid in full for a photo shoot to be scheduled. We will aim to schedule the photographer for your preferred date, but the other dates that you provide will be optional if the photographer is not available for the preferred date.
- You are responsible for additional fees and costs related to the location where you are having your customers’ photo shoot, including but not limited to admission fees, parking, and transportation. If a location requires an entry fee, then you will be responsible for the photographer’s entry fee. Your customer is not permitted to be transported by our photographers.
- Photo shoot pricing is based on locations within the specified city. You may choose a location outside of the city, but you will be charged a rate of $30 per hour of travel for all locations, except Iceland.
- You will receive 30 edited digital photos per hour of photo shooting for your customer for all locations within 5 business days, except Iceland. This does not apply to wedding photography.
- Dovetail Experience and photographer reserves the right to use images created under this contract for advertising, display, publication or other marketing purposes. The Client booking this photo shoot warrants that he or she has actual authority to agree to the use of the likeness of all persons included in the portrait in this manner and shall indemnify and defend Dovetail Experience in the event of litigation arising out of such use. Please inform your clients prior to purchasing a photo shoot that their photos may be used to advertise the services of Dovetail Experience and the photographer who completed the photo shoot. Negatives, digital files and previews remain the exclusive property of Dovetail Experience.
- Dovetail Experience shall reserve the time and date agreed upon. Half of the deposit is non-refundable when cancelled prior to14 days before the scheduled photo shoot. No refunds will be provided for photo shoots that are cancelled within 14 days of scheduled date. If your customers need to reschedule their shoot, then we will make every effort to find another time to complete the photo shoot during their trip.
- If, in the opinion of the photographer, inclement weather or other adverse conditions prevent the creation of a portrait meeting the artistic standards of Dovetail Experience, photographer may elect to use an alternate location or to reschedule the photo shoot.
- If Dovetail Experience cannot perform this Contract due to fire or other casualty, strike, act of God, or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to photographer’s illness or emergency, then Dovetail Experience shall return the booking amount paid to the Dovetail Experience but shall have no further liability with respect to the Contract. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera or media malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of Dovetail Experience. In the event Dovetail Experience fails to perform for any other reason, Dovetail Experience shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of the Client’s order.
- Dovetail is not liable to you or your customers for any injury, loss, expense, or damages incurred or sustained by you, the customer, or anyone accompanying the customer arising from, relating to, or connected with the use of the Dovetail Experience website and service, including without limitation, the acts or omissions of the assigned Dovetail Experience photographer
- The charges in this Contract are based on Dovetail Experience Standard Price List. This price list is adjusted periodically and future orders shall be charged at the prices in effect at the time when the order is placed.
- NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT: It is ILLEGAL to copy or reproduce these photographs or videos elsewhere without Dovetail Experience’s permission, and violators of this Federal Law will be subject to its civil and criminal penalties. Please do not use photos provided by Dovetail Experience for your personal website or marketing, unless Dovetail Experience provides you materials and permission to use the photos or marketing materials to advertise. The customer who is the subject of the photos may use the photos for personal use only.
- This Contract incorporates the entire understanding of the parties. Any modifications of this agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties.
- It is the intention of the Parties to this Agreement that this Agreement and the performance under this Agreement, and all suits and special proceedings under this Agreement, be construed in accordance with and governed, to the exclusion of the law of any other forms, by the laws of the State of Illinois, USA, without regard to the jurisdiction in which any action or special proceeding may be instituted.
- Use of Dovetail Experience’s website and booking of the services indicates that you are in agreement with all of the terms and conditions, that you confirm that your customers are aware of the terms and conditions, and you both are legally bound by them. If your customer is under the age of 18, then you confirm that a parent or legal guardian has given permission for their photo shoot and approves all of the terms and conditions. If you or your customers do not agree to the terms and conditions, then do not make a booking with Dovetail Experience.